PP.09 Solutions for a Sustainable LNG Value Chain
This session will review many solutions for decarbonising the LNG value chain and accelerating the transition to a Net Zero world. Existing technologies, improvements in design and operations, new and lower carbon-intensive liquefaction pathways, as well as policy choices have the potential to significantly lower the GHG footprint of LNG and increase LNG’s sustainability compared with alternative energy sources.
Panellists will present a wide range of themes:
- Emerging liquefaction pathways, including carbon capture solutions, electrification of liquefaction and LNG substitutes such as E-LNG and bioLNG
- Metrics and methodologies to assess the energy transition readiness of liquefaction plants
- Region-specific solutions enabling the production of lower carbon LNG
- Low-hanging solutions such as GHG assessment and performance tools or liquefaction design improvements
- Commercial incentives and benefits of GHG intensity measurement and benchmarking