F.01 Global LNG Trade in a World of Multiple Market Forces
This forum will explore how the significant global events of the last few years, as well as an increasing focus on energy transition, are currently impacting and potentially reshaping global LNG trade. The session brings together authors of a diverse but related set of papers to explore together how current market forces are impacting the industry in the short- and long-term. The session will cover:
- How is Europe’s move away from Russian gas impacting global LNG trade?
- How do we balance energy security and decarbonisation needs across various markets?
- Are buyer attitudes evolving in light of current market uncertainties?
- What role can LNG play in helping unique locations e.g. Caribbean, achieve a cleaner energy mix?
- What role can LNG play in the energy transition in emerging markets such as South East Asia and Central and Eastern Europe?